One of my Wife for CC

Geaux

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got around to editing another shot I did with my wife a month or so back. Tell me what you like/dislike :)

PS: I know it's overdone in PS, it's the look I was going for lol.

4992274656_79e64b94b6_b.jpg

it's cute... the red shoes obv pop...

i'm not a big fan of the brick wall on the right though... it's a bit of a black hole... maybe a little more detail there would be nice...

it's cute... the red shoes obv pop...

i'm not a big fan of the brick wall on the right though... it's a bit of a black hole... maybe a little more detail there would be nice...

I think it's the vignette that's making that corner of the wall to be so dark. I kind of wanted her to be the center of attention on the shot, along with the shoes, so I decided on a heavy vignette to match the styling and also give me the 'center of attention' type.

I like the it. The shoes make the shot, but the location is great.

I wish the shoes were more sideways and more in focus. :) I think your wife is gorgeous and a great person to photograph! Good job here. :)

Your wife is lovely. =)

I like the composition, and the shoes! (She has great taste in shoes apparently! ;) lol )

I know you wanted the over processed look..but consider what it's doing to your wife's natural beauty. A lot of detail, particularly in darker areas like her hair and eyes has been lost. Her skin, which is probably gorgeous, is more of a corps-ish tone here, with all the color washed out.

I think if you played with the idea, you could still achieve the "look" you wanted without taking away so much of the great details from your lovely wife.

Your wife is lovely. =)

I like the composition, and the shoes! (She has great taste in shoes apparently! ;) lol )

I know you wanted the over processed look..but consider what it's doing to your wife's natural beauty. A lot of detail, particularly in darker areas like her hair and eyes has been lost. Her skin, which is probably gorgeous, is more of a corps-ish tone here, with all the color washed out.

I think if you played with the idea, you could still achieve the "look" you wanted without taking away so much of the great details from your lovely wife.

Yeah, that's one thing I wish I could have done better ... the skin tones. I thought for the overall look of the shot, the tones matched the feel of the shot, but now I don't know lol. She's very fair skinned to begin with, so the editing might have enhanced it more, not sure.

This is her skin tone during a normal edit: (This shot's been posted before, but it also brings the shoes back in focus for TwinkleToes ;) )
4825125748_191572208e_b.jpg

OK, although the picture itself is excellent, in the final composition, one thing I'd say is the left arm is a bit over exposed and parts of the right arm, pretty much something you dont' want. Other than that, yes the first image is excellent! Loving the colors. 2nd image, i do like, although it doesn't do as much for me as the first image

Mohaimenk, Usually images that have overexposed hot spots draw my attention first, but for this image, my eye is drawn directly to her face/eyes/lips and of course .... the shoes lol.

Usually my images that have hotspots like this, I discard or attempt to fix ... for some reason, this one doesn't bother me. I do understand, technically speaking, they have some flaws lol.

No believe me I'm all for hot spots but when you do your PP, just mask that area out so it's not super bright and pretty much looses so much details. Like the watch and stuff. Not dogging your image and style, I like it as a whole. Do you have the original that you can post?

I do, but I'm at work. I'll touch it up like I would normally do and post it sometime tonight or tomorrow.

sure, i just wanted to see what the original looked like w/out any processing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back