One of the last nice days of the year

jlykins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jlykinsphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I took advantage of one of the last nice days of the year today. Here are a few from the day...
DSC_4469.jpg

DSC_4477.jpg

DSC_4478.jpg

DSC_4483.jpg

i prefer the third one..

The sloping horizons in the first two a really distracting. With levelled horizons, the first (in particular) would be fascinating, what with the swan adding some point of interest to the reflection.

Not sure whether Photo 2 needs as much sky... ? But it, too, needs a straightened horizon.

Is the dusk photo taken handheld? I lacks total sharpness...

And the last doesn't say much to me, other than that the streetlight is a distraction for sure. Couldn't you have brought A LADDER? ;) ;) ;)

I like the 3rd and the last one. It's amazing!

I enjoy all of the colors in the trees. I just moved to a place where I can enjoy that firsthand.

I look forward to seeing your snow shots.

I like the first one except for the color of the sky.

So I just had my roll of Kodak 400 that I took along side of the shots above. Here's what I got:

FH000009.jpg

FH000011.jpg

FH000013.jpg

I love all of them... I really love the first one... I see the swan,poles and trees but it's the pop of orange color on that tree in the left that gets my attention. Great shots.

I think the first film shot is the best. I think the first two shots posted would benefit from the use of a polarizing filter

The first has great potential, but it needs minor adjustments. I would suggest the use of a CPL to make the skies nicer, a tighter crop so theres not so much sky in the picture, and a straightening of the horizon.

prefer the film shots, they have some nice, warm texture the digital ones don't get even close to.
the film swan photo is beautiful, probably would have been even better with a little less aperture.

Most reactions

Back