What's new

One Pic for C&C (just 1)

er111a

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
6
Location
Virginia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
thank you :)
IMG_2912.jpg
 
what do you want the critique on?

I'm on a terrible monitor right now (netbook monitors just aren't very good for display accuracy)

Personally, I like the composition of the photo, and I like how you have an interesting cloudy sky. However, from what I can tell, the image is heavily over processed. At least in my opinion.

I think if you toned it down and went with a cleaner feel the overall image would be improved.
 
I'd like to see the original image if possible?

I generally like the image, but it's a little contrasty for my liking.
 
sure here you go
IMG_29122.jpg
 
Since your profile says your pics are ok to edit, I took the liberty of making an attempt at some PP with your photo. This was done in lightroom. I used auto white balance and tone corrections then used the neutral density filter option to brighten up the foreground about one stop and then increased the saturation a bit in the red, orange, and yellow tones. What do you think?

Docksunsetedit.jpg
 
its nice thank you :) but a c&c on the 1st one woulda been nice
 
I like tho bottom half, but for the clouds and sky I personally would prefer a little closer to the original (but not all the way or it would be too unbalanced with the water and dock).

It's a powerful image, I like the composition and edgy feel. As I said, the sky seems a bit overwhelming for my taste, but like the effect on the lower half (up to and including the tree line and under the first bank of clouds). It might depend on the intended use of the image too, I could be swayed by other thoughts on this one.

Thanks for posting it, I found it interesting and am looking forward to hear what others have to say about it.
 
Aha, I did forget to do that didn't I? :-p

I too think it is way over processed. If you want to get more of the colors I would try doing an HDR of it next time. The processing that you did added a lot of noise and kind of took away from the image.

As far as the original, it looks like your exposure was decent. Could have been better if you had used a graduated neutral density filter in camera so that the foreground has a bit more detail in it. It can be tough to pull the color out of the sky when you're exposing for the foreground as well as the sky. GND filters allow you to expose for the foreground while maintaining a well exposed (and colorful) sky.
 
thank you :) very helpful
 
what do you want the critique on?

I'm on a terrible monitor right now (netbook monitors just aren't very good for display accuracy)

Personally, I like the composition of the photo, and I like how you have an interesting cloudy sky. However, from what I can tell, the image is heavily over processed. At least in my opinion.

I think if you toned it down and went with a cleaner feel the overall image would be improved.

+1
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom