Online gallery - menalto

'Daniel'

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm having a bit of trouble with this webpage. It says you can get the script/softwate (w/e) for an online gallery.

Do you download somethnig like php script then upload it with your pictures?

Anyway I can't find out how you download it. I go to download now and I can't seem to get to the file to d/l it.

http://gallery.menalto.com/

Can anyone help?

It appears that you have to download a program that 'does stuff' in order for you to upload your images onto the website.
Reading around in there it tells you to disable all protection so that the program has full access to your computer. It apparently needs to have access to work.
I know nothing about the site or the people who run it. Common sense tells me never to download programs that have full access to your computer and then talk to a remote console. This is what hackers try to do by stealth.
I can see no reason why you need to have a program on your computer to upload pictures. There are lots of picture hosts and this is the first time I have found one that requires this to happen.
They may be bonafide but who wants to take the risk of finding out for sure?
Use one of the others like Fotopic.net or Photobucket. Not the best quality but they are free and easy to upload and link to.

Oh I think I was mistaken about what t was for. I thoguht it was a script that allowedyou to put up galleries on yur own website. It's just I know some people on here have used it.

Looks like it's just a bunch of files that you push to your webserver and then configure. During the configuration you probably "point" the pages to your images.

It appears to be written in PHP so you'll need to have a PHP enabled webhost. usually that means linux or some varient but they have instructions in there for windows boxes as well.

Since it does file manipulation it will need to have read/write access to certain directories and files which is why they suggest giving the folderes admin access.

Goto download, click "1.5" which appears ot be the latest version.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back