Online photography course?

i am doing the course.

no more news as yet.

christmas and work and kids got a bit in the way!!!!!!!

starting my next assignment this week but want it perfect before i submit it.

there is no time limit on the course so its not a probelm.

and the tuors are really really helpful:mrgreen:

I am taking a couple of days off due to work, but I have done all 13 modules, and missing only the assignment for the last module to complete.

What specifically do you want to know?

Families matters have kept me from moving on, but I hope to get back on track with it next week when everything settles down. I have enjoyed the work so far though.

will do. although nothing to report until i have finished each assignment.

pm me with an questions

Why PM? Ask here, that way more members can benefit from the exchange. ;)

I am very curious how the course went after reading this, I assume you must have completed it by now? Or are you still going strong?

$85 seems like a great deal, the price of a few good books only. I am going to look for you two on the site's forum (if allowed to access it before I sign up), do you have similar handles?

im jols here there and everywhere.

hope to move on with the assignments this week as im taking a week of work.

post more progress soon

I have completed the course except for the final assignment. I'm holding off on doing that so that I can practice while on vacation the first week in February and get proper pictures.

My forum name there is also the same as here. I am not sure, but I believe that course takers have access to a couple of student specific forum topics, but besides that, I believe anyone can join their general topic areas.

I just stumbled across this thread while searching for recommended photography books in the forums, and this is a very interesting and beneficial thread. Thanks jols, amara, and jerryph for the feedback on the course.

My question is specifically for jerryph - I was very surprised to see that it took you almost exactly a week to complete the bulk of the course - all but the final assignment. That is very quick...would you say that the course is comprehensive, or did you just learn some tips here and there?

Honestly, $85 seems like a real good deal, but at the same time it almost makes me question the quality of the course. How much information could one possibly learn from a course that is $85? (Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that things have to be expensive to be of value, but this just sounds like one of those "too-good-to-be-true" deals.)

lol... it does sound fast, and I find the fact humorous that you counted the days from the starting post to see that I did indeed take a short time to speed through it.

It was the holidays, weather was cold here in Canada and I was in vacation mode. If you spend 8 hours a day at it, read as fast as I do, you can likely do it in 5 days, not a week.

The quality of the course is good, no need to question it, but it is geared perfectly for the beginner or advanced beginner.

I would classify myself as an intermediate, so a lot of what I was reading about was very familiar. I did take the time to read through it all, though, and do the assignments, becuase "repetition is the mother of excellence", and it never hurts to reinforce knowledge or look at something you have done in the past, in a new way. I did have a few holes in my knowledge that were filled. I'd not call that tips, but more than that. I call that reinforcing the foundation. Everyone who wants to take better photos had better have a solid foundation in the basics. Else one is building their house on quicksand.

The one-on-one exchanges between my tutor are great and not something I was used to (I can self-teach myself near anything!), and VERY appreciated. They were polite, helpful and yes, very professional.

Honestly, I can see this course benefiting at least 75% of the people on this board. It is not intended to be the sum of all knowledge in the photography world (no single course is!), and it is not the last lesson in photography one will have... but for most, it SHOULD be their first.

Sincerely, one needs to evaluate their own level and if it is below the intermediate level, this course will help you out. It did help me, and will still continue to help me as I now take the results and resubmit what I hope to be better results to get my final grade and make sure that what I learned is from a solid foundation.

I enjoyed and continue to profit from the experience.

Thanks for the info. I would probably classify myself as a beginning intermediate. I know most of the basics. (I think you can tell when you catch yourself doing the same things over and over and feel like you know everything - then you know it's time to take it to the next level and try something new)

I think I might try taking this course in the near future. I figure, I'll have to walk away with some new knowledge, and even if it's not a mind-blowing course, it's not like I'm losing a big investment.

Thanks for the reviews all...especially JerryPH. I am a total beginner so it sounds like this course is perfect for me. I am just waiting to purchase my first DSLR camera before I take it.

***Bump***

Hey Jols and Amara, just wanted to know if you guys have completed the online photo courses, or if you've progressed any more.

Just curious to see what you think of the courses and content?

Most reactions

Back