Online Photoshop training

dylanstraub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have Photoshop Elements and while I have learned a bit about some basic functions I want to learn more. I've got a few books but I really don't seem to get enough from them. Can anyone recommend a good site that has oodles of training video's?

You'd be surprised at what youtube has. Google can also lead to tutorials, either video or step by step. Some of the best tutorials I've found have been through google leading to someone's blog.

If you're wanting to pay, Kelbytraining.com and Lynda.com are a couple options.

Kelbytraining.com gets my vote. you can also subscribe to their podcast's for free.

Ill also suggest Kelby, great course

It would not be pirating to watch the video's. It would be pirating to copy them off the Internet. By paying, you get all the videos/information in one place, which is much more convenient than having to chase all over the internet for them.

That would be pirating and you would be a very very very bad man. :roll:
It's funny how one's opinion changes ,After someone has copyrighted material stolen from them....."That is all I have to say on this matter"

I am a member of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals. NAPP membership for US residents is $99 a year and that includes 10 issues of Photoshop User magazine and a long list of valuable discount on hardware and software. One of the big perks for me is free regular shipping on most things from B&H and Adorama. I easily save 4+ times the yearly membership fee just on shipping charges.

NAPP has a couple of thousand tutorials on how to use Photoshop and/or Lightroom. Members also have an access to an exclusive Photoshop forum frequented by many certified Photoshop pros and a 24 hour help desk.

Being a NAPP member is about the best $99 I spend each year. Here is my referal link: Learn Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and Digital Photography | NAPP
In the upper right corner, click on "Benefits" to see why I think it's easily worth $99 a year to join.

And with Kelbytraining it's not just photoshop techniques. You get videos on all sorts of things. lighting techniques, weddings, cars, concert, ect. They have photographers come in and they go through a complete shoot and explain what their thinking and why they are doing it this way. It's very informative, a great place to get ideas and learn. And way cheaper then college

lynda.com is great. I just discovered we have free access to all tutorials through a site license. Bonus....

I took a look at the Photography Exposure one. It's great. I'm sure the others are also.

My local community college offers course for photoshop, and it cost 99 dollars. I prefer in person training, than watching a DVD.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back