online portfolio help/ critique please

for being free - I think the site is pretty great and I think it's about time I steal your idea and set up a site for myself :thumbup: So, I think it's a nice, simple way to show your stuff.

Your pictures got great color but I agree they need to be bigger.
My first comment would be about your email address. By having a link like that you're guaranteed to get never ending spam.

http://www.addressmunger.com/
This will help apparently. I tried but it didn't work because spammers already had my email address. It will create a normal looking link for visitors to email you but inside the html it's impossible to find '[email protected]'.

I think the old paper goes VERY well with your background and I love that your pictures are mini polaroids. Great idea.

Did you try clicking the pictures and they are too small? I'm not sure if you realized (you probably did) but wanted to make sure you know you can click them. I'll see if its possible to make them bigger but the photo albums they have are pretty basic and don't really give you very many options.

I'll look into that e-mail idea. Thank you.

The only negative thing I have to say about it is that you have multiple pictures of the same subject. In a portfolio you just expect to see a different person/group for each picture. Im not sure why, maybe it shows that you have experience whereas 5 pictures of 1 person makes(it look like you only have a small collection of different shoots.

Maybe someone else can chime in with this.

Great looking site.

Well maybe because I only do have 5 photos of 1 person :).

I really do have a lot more people but they are kind of old. Quality wise the pictures I have of these newer people are much much better and show what I can currently do. I know what you mean, it would look better if I have just 1 of each person. In a little more time when I get more shooting done I'll replace them and bring the # per person down.

This is picky, but since you asked. You have a formatting problem in your resume. There are big gaps in some of the lines. It looks like maybe you had a return or a tab in the code.

It looks like it's going to be agreat site to showcase your work.

Yeah, I agree with less repeats of same shots, a little more variety, larger pics, resume gaps.

All in all the site looks good in its borders and such.

Well maybe because I only do have 5 photos of 1 person :).

I really do have a lot more people but they are kind of old. Quality wise the pictures I have of these newer people are much much better and show what I can currently do. I know what you mean, it would look better if I have just 1 of each person. In a little more time when I get more shooting done I'll replace them and bring the # per person down.

I hear ya man, and we all need to start somewhere (I hope to be in your shoes in the near future) but I'd personally rather see less shots of different people than a bunch of shots of the same people. There is just something in my mind about the same people over and over looking like less experience.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back