ony A200 and two Sony 42AM flashes..

xLastShotx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have two questions about the Sony A200's wireless Flash triggering capabilities.

1. Can the in body flash triggering control two Sony HVL-F42AM flashes?
2. How does the in body flash triggering control the flashes? (Infrared, Radio,etc.)

I have been searching Google for awhile but I can't seem to find any information on this.

I have two questions about the Sony A200's wireless Flash triggering capabilities.

1. Can the in body flash triggering control two Sony HVL-F42AM flashes?
2. How does the in body flash triggering control the flashes? (Infrared, Radio,etc.)

I have been searching Google for awhile but I can't seem to find any information on this.

let me try, #1. yes, as long as the the built in slave unit ( the red screen on the front of the flash ) are both directly in the line on sight of your subject or your built in flash . ( stay away from bright areas ) . #2 the flash are triggered with your built in flash ( flash fires, just enough to trigger your wireless but not enough to light up your subject ) , technicaly,the flash is triggered (slave unit built in) with the light that bounces from you subject or a direct flash from your built in .

NOTE. Before you use your flash remotely, make sure put both your flashes ( one at a time ) on the hot shoe (flash and camera both off ) then turn they on, set your flash option to wireless ( press fn scroll to flash option, scroll down to WL wireless then hit ok, you'll notice that WL will light up on the back of your flash) then take the first one out and do the same on the next one.

before you start shooting make sure your pop up flash is up. READ YOUR MANUAL ( CAMERA AND FLASH )

Last edited:
Well, you could use the flash to illuminate the manual:).

let me try, #1. yes, as long as the the built in slave unit ( the red screen on the front of the flash ) are both directly in the line on sight of your subject or your built in flash . ( stay away from bright areas ) . #2 the flash are triggered with your built in flash ( flash fires, just enough to trigger your wireless but not enough to light up your subject ) , technicaly,the flash is triggered (slave unit built in) with the light that bounces from you subject or a direct flash from your built in .

NOTE. Before you use your flash remotely, make sure put both your flashes ( one at a time ) on the hot shoe (flash and camera both off ) then turn they on, set your flash option to wireless ( press fn scroll to flash option, scroll down to WL wireless then hit ok, you'll notice that WL will light up on the back of your flash) then take the first one out and do the same on the next one.

before you start shooting make sure your pop up flash is up. READ YOUR MANUAL ( CAMERA AND FLASH )

Thanks a bunch, that was what a needed to know plus more :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back