Ooooo! New Gear Almost Here??

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I ordered this on Friday and didn't expect it so soon!
(2x Yongnuo 565ex Speedlite and 4x Yongnuo 622C triggers)
Please rural mail lady bring it in to the house instead of dropping off the card at the road!!
**doin' the flash dance**

Jun 4 201307:48:00 AMHANOVER ON CADeparture Scan
Jun 3 201308:43:00 PMHANOVER ON CAOut for delivery

Please rural mail lady bring it in to the house instead of dropping off the card at the road!!

I hate it when they do that. They used to be real bad about it here. If it didn't fit in the box, I'd have to go pick it up at the post office every time...

Ugh it's the worst getting that card! Our carrier has been good so far, especially at Christmas, she is a small town chatty gal and always is happy to stop and give you a little update on the goings on lol

Seems to me like a stakeout down by the mailbox may be in order... :D

Congratulations, and Welcome to the Wonderful World of Flash Photography!

I was thinking I haven't shot at that end of the driveway, might be worth a look around! Do you think I'll make it into the daily chatter if I suddenly appear out of the woods in camo with my camera when she pulls up? Lol

Thanks! I'm excited about the possibilities this will open up and a little scared. ;)

Last edited:
Congrats, Pixel! It's always a bit like Christmas when new gear arrives, isn't it? Once you get a handle on those flashes I'm sure we will see even more amazing work from you!

I was thinking I haven't shot at that end of the driveway, might be worth a look around! Do you think I'll make it into the daily chatter if I suddenly appear out of the woods in camo with my camera when she pulls up? Lol

Thanks! I'm excited about the possibilities this will open up and a little scared. ;)

Depends. If it's anything like around here, you just might. Now, if you suddenly appeared out of the woods in camo with a gun, right next to your mailbox/driveway area, nobody here would likely blink an eye. But a camera? That's just WEIRD. :lmao:

That's what I'm thinking. Take the camera and a lawn chair and just park it by the mail box and wait. (Camera is because you never know what may be there to photograph)

Congrats, Pixel! It's always a bit like Christmas when new gear arrives, isn't it? Once you get a handle on those flashes I'm sure we will see even more amazing work from you!
Aw, thanks Timothy! Totally like Christmas! We had a couple nice chunks of money come in at the same time, we were able to pay off some debts and set aside a little for ourselves, it was a nice surprise :)
I'm looking forward to learning what these badboys can do, this should be interesting to say the least lol

Depends. If it's anything like around here, you just might. Now, if you suddenly appeared out of the woods in camo with a gun, right next to your mailbox/driveway area, nobody here would likely blink an eye. But a camera? That's just WEIRD. :lmao:
Totally the same as here, the camera would throw them lol

That's what I'm thinking. Take the camera and a lawn chair and just park it by the mail box and wait. (Camera is because you never know what may be there to photograph)
I might have to, today I planned to spend most of the day wandering around the property and shooting, now I don't want to go far from the house, at least the other end of the driveway is fairly unshot ground lol

If you snap your fingers for 15 minutes in a row, it makes the mail arrive earlier. TRY THIS!!! It works!

I'm unloading my cards then walking in that general direction within earshot of the driveway, if all else fails I will try snapping!

I'm unloading my cards then walking in that general direction within earshot of the driveway, if all else fails I will try snapping!

Ok, now I want to be there to take a picture of Pixel, sitting by the mailbox snapping her fingers. Then I want another shot of the mail carrier when she sees Pixel, sitting by the mailbox snapping her fingers. Then one last picture when Pixel realizes her flashes have arrived. I think that would make a nice little set of photographs!

Ohmagosh!!

$image-1659305531.jpg

I didn't even have to snap once! Right to the front door :)

I'm sure your mail service is better than using FedEx. I have something arriving fedex today and I'm not expecting it to get here.

I had rented a lens that was supposed to arrive on a thursday for the wedding I was shooting that weekend. I KNEW it was going to be arriving that day, because that's the day that I set it up to arrive. I didn't have anything going on, so I stayed at home... Even hung out on the front lawn for part of it.

FedEx guy never shows up. First I call BorrowLenses, and they say that it sometimes happens. I check the tracking info on the FexEx website and it says "Delivery attempt made. Homeowner not available." (or something similar)

So I call FedEx, clearly pretty pissed. The lady I talk to is nice and says, "Well, did the driver attempt to make a delivery and leave a door hanger saying so?" I go "No, ma'am, I was here all day waiting for him. Never even heard a truck, much less saw one."

So she tells me the driver made an error and that it would be here tomorrow. Tomorrow rolls around, fedex guy shows up mid-day. I ask him "So were you the same driver on this route yesterday?" He says yes. So naturally I ask "Well, why did you not make a delivery attempt here, but mark it as you did?"

He didn't quite know how to respond at first. "I did try to make a delivery sir, no one was here." I was there all day, so I informed him "Hey dude, I was here all day. You're flat out lying to my face if you are telling me you attempted a delivery, and left a door tag."

"Sir, I don't know what you're talking about. I was here yesterday and I attempted a delivery and left a door tag."

"NOT AT THIS ****ING HOUSE BRO. Thanks for managing to drop it off today!" *slams door*

Sorry for my FedEx hatred rant. I just wanted to give you more faith in your local mail service, and also to tell you to enjoy the heck out of your new gear! Flashes are fun! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Ouch! Well I'm glad my mail lady is the curious type lol! She definitely beat the heck out of your courier service lol

Unpacked, perusing the manuals, totally don't know what to do first! Lol

$image-2024543885.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back