OP/TECH Pro Strap strength

Rocketman1978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've got the following strap...

OP/TECH USA Pro Strap and Pro Loop Strap

...and my recent purchase of a 70-200 2.8 has me concerned that the wimpy 3/8" webbing is not strong enough. I know the site says "Up to 15 lbs" and I estimate my gripped T3i, 70-200 and 430EX II to be a little less than 5.5lbs but there's still that fear in me as I toss the strap over my shoulder and walk.

Anyone had any experience with the above strap not being sufficiently strong?

-TIA

I have their tripod strap (which I think is identical) and carry my 25 lb tripod with it all of the place.... no problems

I do use a Black Rapid on my camera body / lens though.. just for more security.

I've been using those for years, with a heavier rig that what you're using.

Crap, 25lbs on the same webbing? That makes me feel better, thanks guys!

Just to add my view I've also been using the same strap for years with no problems -7D with grip, flash, 2*TC and 70-200mm f2.8 and no problems what so ever!

Just to add my view I've also been using the same strap for years with no problems -7D with grip, flash, 2*TC and 70-200mm f2.8 and no problems what so ever!
Good to know, man they must really make a great product, seems like the webbing is just so flimsy but its held up for me so far. I'm sure you guys also get a LOT more use than I so if its holding up for you, I'm sure it'll hold up for me. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back