Open This Thread

Alpha

Troll Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went digging through my neg notebooks today, and discovered some shots that I should have printed/scanned. Anyway, here are a few. The scans are pretty "meh." I haven't played with them much in post. You'll just have to imagine a final print.

megan_triptych.jpg

Provia 400.

ducks.jpg

Velvia?

wheat.jpg

Agfa RSX 50 II cross-processed.

james_river.jpg

PanF

mandy1.jpg

PanF

mandy2.jpg

Acros

mclean.jpg

Acros

i actually opened the thread ;)

that is a beautiful model on the provia scan... and the first frame is the best for me ... just if her face had a bit more light on it.

i actually opened the thread ;)

that is a beautiful model on the provia scan... and the first frame is the best for me ... just if her face had a bit more light on it.

I'll probably work on that in post. She's not actually a model. She's my best friend.

I'll probably work on that in post. She's not actually a model. She's my best friend.

ok, she might not be a professional model, but in this shot she is your model.

i like the ducks, and the girl in the first set has a very nice smile that adds to the photos

I'm not real keen on having a portrait framing when the model's body is in landscape and clearly square with the camera. Perhaps sliding a few steps to your right and the models' body creating a perspective line may have been more pleasing.

The shot of the ducks is nice, but unfortunately IMO, the reflection in the foreground of the tree and it's limbs are distracting. The reflection of colors from those trees in the background are quite pleasing.

Of the last three, the model is very attractive. I would liked to have seen a bit more lighting to accentuate her facial features. Seems dark since it's clearly not intended to be a silhouette. Same again for the second on her left side. I do like the transition of light to dark (L to R), well done. Maybe some fill or reflected light might help on both of these. The last one really doesn't appeal to me. The eyes are sharp, but the nose is too soft. Also on the nose, there is clearly a hot line running down her right side of center and a definite dot on the tip. There is also a shadow line on the bridge that breaks the nose unflatteringly.

I'm guessing the prints show differently than on my monitor.

I like the wheat the most.

Nice stuff, Max.

I'm guessing the prints show differently than on my monitor.

It's not that the prints look different than on your monitor. Well, they will. But I noted in the first post that there are no prints...these are more or less raw scans.

I figured people would like the wheat. I personally can't wait to print the shot of the river.

Hi Max, I personally like the feel of the River. I wonder if cropping the tree on the left out would add to the overall of the picture or detract?? I suppose that would eliminate some of the lush feel of the water and rocks though... hmmm...

the following picture of your friend in the "doorway" (term used loosely) has a great feel to it as well. Is her face a little dark though?

Just my opinions, and they have been known to be wrong before ;-) great shots!

i love the girl in the doorway pic and the wheat, but the rest are snapshotty to me.
and the close up of the girl is not at all flattering

I think the river photo is the best. The movement of the water is beautiful and the mounds of water are mirrored by the mounds of rock and the mounds of clouds, producing a really great textural look!

Max I adore the river shot. :thumbup:

Question: For the velvia shot, would those tops be considered overexposed? At least on my screen those and the ducks white feather are driving me bonkers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back