opinion...D90m or D300 for weddings?

the D90 has dedicated controls (buttons) for white balance, iso, bracketing, af controls. i don't think there is really anything you need to go into the menu for.
Other than AF area mode, no... however, the D90's controls are only semi-dedicated, which means that you have to be in shooting mode to use them. If you are viewing a picture or in the menu, you need to half-tap the shutter or otherwise switch to shooting mode in order to use the WB/QUAL/ISO controls.

This thread is funny! People are talking about the D90 who obviously have never held one, or read about it. It too has the buttons, and the two dials so you can change most settings right on the fly, not needing to enter any menu. You can just look at the LCD on the top of the camera.

Save your pennies for lenses and get the D90 is my first instinct.

My second instinct is my curiosity to know more about your background.

What's your photography back ground? Are you stepping up from a P&S? Is this your first dSLR?

You been taking pictures long?

In general, What's your experience and where do you want to go other than weddings?

But most importantly,

Why did a 3 month old thread get drug up and brought back to light.

Last wedding I shot there were no fewer than 3 D90’s in the hands of guests, it is a consumer level SLR. Nikon does not even consider it and advanced level SLR like the D300.
It is a plastic body with little to no weather sealing and takes SD cards (As any camera shop how many broken SD cards they see a week vs CF) As well if the customer wants video they should hire a videographer, I would hate to be in a video mode and miss a great shot because of it.

I was quite happy to have my D700 and D300 with grips on both, I can shoot all day and not worry about my batteries, and even if they do die, my assistant can change the batteries in the grip while I keep shooting with the in body battery.

From a working perspective I would rather have the stronger bodies than the video feature any day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back