Opinion on logo...

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
UPDATE UPDATE: Done! Scroll to the bottom to give me your opinion on the new logo :D

UPDATE: We're on round two now, scroll down please :)

Hey All,

So I've just been messing around between winter storms, and I thought it wouldn't hurt to come up with a logo/watermark to place over photos. I think its important to note that when actually in use, they won't be nearly as big as they are in the following image, thats just so you can inspect. So, tell me what you think! I'm not looking to do anything fancy, I'm just looking for a simple image that I can overlay on most any of my photos without it being too obtrusive, hence the low opacity. If you have any comments, including which font you think would go best together, just let me know.

I appreciate your CC ;)

sigtest.jpg

Last edited:
I call shenanigans!

"Winter storm"........... in California?!?!?! :lol:

I like the second.

The middle one I can read your name the easiest. But I'm going to be something, sexist I guess, and say if you're a guy, I'd do #1, and if you're a girl, #2. #3 is kinda all over the place.

I call shenanigans!

Ha! I wish it was the case! These storms have been keeping me from diving, and I get cranky when I don't get my regular dosage of a few extra atmospheres ;)

Haha! Thanks for the great, and sometimes humorous, replies :)

First off, yes I am a male :lol: Second, it would seem its between 1 and 2. In the image below I've just swapped the fonts, perhaps you all would think a hybrid looks best?

So...round two....FIGHT!

sigstest2.jpg

I call shenanigans!

Ha! I wish it was the case! These storms have been keeping me from diving, and I get cranky when I don't get my regular dosage of a few extra atmospheres ;)

Haha! Thanks for the great, and sometimes humorous, replies :)

First off, yes I am a male :lol: Second, it would seem its between 1 and 2. In the image below I've just swapped the fonts, perhaps you all would think a hybrid looks best?

So...round two....FIGHT!

sigstest2.jpg

I like the font in #2. A guy thing I guess...

I like the *original second one.
The (original) first font IS a more masculine-style font...but that doesn't mean you should pick it, just because you're a guy.
Who's your target market? My guess is, women. Unless your main photos for sale are going to be cars, or sexy women.
If you're doing portrait shoots, senior portraits, weddings/engagements, or even nature photos, a majority of your clients are likely to be women.

That's why I like the second one. The font on top is a bit more feminine, without an over-the-top flourish like the third font has, but then the larger bottom line still lends it enough masculinity to give a balance and not make it look either too masculine or too feminine.

That's my 1.75 cents worth.

I like the second alot in the redo. In the 1st one the photography font looks a little shlumpy where the second one it looks bold. The name font is still better for me as the second than the first.

Watermarks are distracting. But I'm sure they serve some purpose for some, and impress friends on the FB
bigthumb.gif

My vote goes to the original #1 my favorite out of all of them in either set.

I would want my name to be the main visual element in the logo, rather than the word photography, since my name is ultimately what I would be selling.

I would also want my name to be easily and instantly readable.

Visit some graphic arts web sites/tutorials if you don't have any graphic arts training.

http://stocklogos.com/topic/fantastic-logos-hidden-meaning

Well, this is what it all came down to! I hope you all like it, I'll likely do some revisions at some point, but I'm happy with it :)

This is just an example of the watermark, and then the logo with text below it as it might appear sometimes. Neither will be this large in actuality.

sigwater.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back