Opinions on Canon BG-E3 Battery Grip for 350D

cbay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.desigzgallery.com
Hello All!

Well I purchased a Canon BG-E3 Battery Grip for my Canon 350D, still awaiting the arrival of it though :-( so i thought i would ask you all about your opinions preferaberly the people whom have the 350D with battery grip, I have 3 questions about it that i would loved to be answered aswell as hearing your own opinions would be great! :thumbup:

1) Does it make the camera much bigger? (As i want it to look the business and more space to hold as at the moment slightly too small of a body for my liking.)

2) Does it make the camera any heavier?

3) Are the buttons positioned correctly for easy usage?

Look forward to your opinions...

cbay said:
1) Does it make the camera much bigger? (As i want it to look the business and more space to hold as at the moment slightly too small of a body for my liking.)

2) Does it make the camera any heavier?

3) Are the buttons positioned correctly for easy usage?

Look forward to your opinions...

From what I hear and see online...

yes, yes, and yes. :) Adds a good inch and a half of bulk to the bottom, adds a bit of weight, buttons are well placed. But i don't own one. :)

I have one, and I can barely stand the XT without one now.

1. I have small-ish hands and the 350D all by itself I find to be too 'flimsy' and small, but feels great with the battery grip.

2. Yes a tad bit heavier, but the extra battery power is worth it

3. I like how the buttons are positioned. I had a little bit of trouble getting use to it at first (even though it is the exact same "horizontally", but the buttons just feel somewhat different).

Good purchase in my opinion

Thanks for opinions, more are still welcome and wanted.

Peanuts, the heavier question doesnt phase me i want it to be slightly heavier as at the moment it is too light for my liking.

I have it as well and never take it off. Without it my hands cramped a bit mainly because there was no space for my pinky. Since getting the grip I've had no aches. It does make the camera a little heavier but not by much IMO and as mentioned it take a little getting used to using it vertically, but after a few tries it's second nature.

not my pic by the way :)

fb724310fca089b7a9193010.L.jpg

yes, yes and yes...a must have. you won't be disappointed.
When you stick the extra battery(if you use the LithIONs) in you get more weight too...and more power:D

I just got mine recently...

-yes it looks the business

-yes it certainly makes it heavier and a good chunk bigger (in fact it doesnt fit properly into my small camera bag the bugger...)

-yes the buttons are perfectly allocated

You won't be disappointed!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back