Opinions on this lighting set!!!!

Do you have any idea about different lighting set ups? Like continuous and flash? Or monolight, generator, or battery-powered?

Here's a link to a guide on lighting: http://photo.net/learn/studiolighting/

You might find it helpful.

This is a constant lighting setup, and not a strobe/flash setup. I personally use a strobe/flash setup, but I've heard that some people use constant light, I don't think it's as widely used though. Also, you cannot control the power of the lights in this kit, which is not a good thing for photography. You NEED to be able to control the power of your lights, which as you learn lighting techniques you'll understand why I say this. IMO, DO NOT BUY THIS KIT. For video it is fine, not for photography.

Thanks so much for your advice.
Is there a set out there that you recommend?? I need to get one ASAP.

This is a constant lighting setup, and not a strobe/flash setup. Also, you cannot control the power of the lights in this kit, which is not a good thing for photography. You NEED to be able to control the power of your lights, which as you learn lighting techniques you'll understand why I say this. IMO, DO NOT BUY THIS KIT. For video it is fine, not for photography.

You can control the power to most any light by using dimmer. This can change the color temp a bit but that too can be corrected. Im just saying never say never!

Bango,
You are correct, but why buy a set of lights that you have to jerry rig in order to work the way you want. Why not buy lights that work from the get go?

Momma,
What's your budget on these lights? I spent 1k on lights from Alienbees (like Mike suggested above) and I absolutely love them. At the same time have you ever though about lighting with just speedlights? Always something to think about!

Most reactions

Back