Opinions please on pics of cars....thanx

brave21wr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi everyone....just wanted to get some opinons on my work here...
this was my 1st Time going out at night and trying to use what i have learned using manual mode on my nikon d3000....
i only have the standard 18-55mm vr lens and no tripod or other types of flashes....pure newb...haha...
so enjoy everyone, i am open for constructive criticism...just dont be dicks about it thanx :)

these are a mixture of my and some friends cars that we took over to a diner and mall for a little photoshoot....
DSC_0538.jpg

DSC_0535.jpg

DSC_0487.jpg

3.^my car v
DSC_0443.jpg

DSC_0444.jpg

DSC_0460.jpg

DSC_0459.jpg

DSC_0485.jpg

DSC_0499.jpg

DSC_0425.jpg

DSC_0431.jpg

DSC_0232.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

thanx for viewing busrider...
still gettin the hang of it lol

overexposed? a lot of them look too dark. I think the backgrounds are a little distracting. also, a Honda Civic SI at an old style diner really doesn't theme well and i keep looking at the building more so the car. my biggest word of advice would be to be mindful of your background.

too many to review individually, overall watch your composition and rule of thirds. Very noisy. I would recommend a tripod and lowering the shutter speed and lowering the ISO. Also everything is in focus. To reduce distracting reflections you might get a high quality circular polarizer, I've heard good things about the Hoya Pro1D series

I like 13 the most. I think the lines that the trailers form are great. They really bring your eye to the car. It is a little dark though, as some have pointed out. I say, nice first attempt.

Thanx again guys...
I m new to this forum and just trying to see the law of the land
next time I ll post one or two good pics instead and thanx for not ripping me a new one
and keeping in mind this was my first time
thanx

overexposed? a lot of them look too dark.

Yeah I looked through them again... you're right. I guess my eyes got stuck on the first one... I think maybe the overall exposere is off a bit.

Yea it is overxposed...I was editing the temps and contrast and saturation to go for like an anitque feel...

I don't have Photoshop...:(

The images are not crisp enough to retain attention.

However, I think the wheels should be facing out and not in, I just observe most car shots to use that technique.

Lights, need more lights!

Keep it coming.
Rangerman!

Yeah gotta agree too many, but I would suggest going back there after a good rain. The neon makes for some very colorful refections. Does that drive in have a classic car night? I would hit it up then. Even better....Classic car night after a nice rain. lol

I was editing the temps and contrast and saturation to go for like an antique feel.
I would concentrate on composition and settings before you start polishing picture in PP, there's a lot of people here who Post process the living hell out of their pictures to make the best of a picture that was Bad in the first place. Don't fall into this trap! Get the basics, and then move from there. Much better than trying to Polish a turd.

also - surely trying to add an antique feel to these pictures is non coherent with the content of the pictures, they're very modern pictures, filters and such are best used Infrequently and very selectively in a way that re-enforces the content of the picture.

Overall, I think you came across a lucky one on number 13. which you can learn from The composition is brilliant, It's straight, the perspective is good,.. a great starting point to pull positives from - If it was a little lighter the focus would've got much sharper (assuming you're shooting auto) and a lower ISO,... you could've pulled off a great picture there.

Keep clicking :)

Most reactions

Back