Opinions please...

ksmattfish said:
With the vintage cameras I use I've come to rely mostly on the zone focusing method.

I've used that as well and found it works for lots situations. I used it when I was trying to capture Humming birds. Since they were comming to the feeder where I would shoot them I knew approx. where to set the DOF so I didn't have to dink with focusing. Just wait for them to come in range and snap them. I would suspect it works well for wedding photography as most of your distances are relatively known like in the chapel or reception hall.

It was on trips somewhere that I use the autofocus the most. You just never know what is comming up around the next corner or over the next mountain... :D I especially like to photo people and street scenes and you just never know what will pop up for you so autofocus is very handy in those situations for me.

airgunr said:
I used it when I was trying to capture Humming birds.

Yeah, my mom is a birder.

In bright light, AF rocks! I know it's better than me. The problem (at least for me) with using it regularly is that I begin to lose my manual focusing skills/reflexes when I come to rely on AF. Then when I'm in a low light or trouble situation I'm stuck.

Most reactions

Back