Ordered a Nikon d810

Be careful, you could cut yourself because that lens is really sharp.
IMG_1073.GIF

The D810 is what I use though I shoot primarily portraiture. Everything you need is on the body, changing settings a breeze.

Awesome addition!!! I was going to purchase a D810 but I actually ended up with a D3 with 15k clicks on it from a friend. It was his backup body and for what its worth, I can not be happier. I am looking to add a D750 as my backup as well so I would be interested to know what you think about it!

Awesome addition!!! I was going to purchase a D810 but I actually ended up with a D3 with 15k clicks on it from a friend. It was his backup body and for what its worth, I can not be happier. I am looking to add a D750 as my backup as well so I would be interested to know what you think about it!

I have been enjoying the D750 as well. Mostly I use it with my Tamron 150-600mm on it for wildlife. I have also used it for some underwater photos. I find the focusing tricky underwater though. The only real thing that bugs me about the D750 is the Quality button is easy to accidentally push so that a few times I went from shooting RAW files to JPEG without realizing until I got home. I think the auto focus might be a bit faster?

Shot on the D750 with the Tamron 150-600 G2, hand held cropped in quite a bit.
DSC_4383.jpg

Back to the D810, I just love it. The dynamic range is amazing.
Here's a little sample. Taken with the Nikon D810 and the Tamron 15-30mm. I exposed for the sky. Settings- ISO 64, F11, 1/80sec, 17mm.

These were taken in Northern British Columbia at a heritage museum.
Unprocessed image straight from the Raw
DSC_5785-4.jpg

Processed in Lightroom
DSC_5785-3.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back