Orderville Canyon & Zion Narrows...C&C

LittleMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I decided to go on another hike in Zion N.P. today, and it never seems to disappoint! I hitched a ride with a few family members and off we went. As it turned out, I should have driven my own vehicle because they turned around on the trail before I wanted to. Luckily I was already ahead of them and around a bend and didn't notice :lol:. I went another couple of miles up the canyon and came up with these!

C&C is always appreciated

IMG_6493small.jpg

Canon 5DmkII w/24-105L lens
f/6.3
1/5 second exposure
ISO 100

IMG_6501small.jpg

f/10
1 second exposure
ISO 100

3. I'm really not feeling this one, but I thought I'd throw it up here anyways. I think it has potential, I just need to work on the composition. I think a higher perspective would do it a lot of good, so now it's just a matter of getting a taller tripod!
IMG_6487small.jpg

f/22
1.3 second exposure
ISO 100

Thanks again for looking!

After looking at #3 more, I actually think one of the biggest things I should have done different is back up more and zoom in so the front of the log doesn't look so disproportioned.

Huh. I actually liked #3 the best. The distortion is what makes the photo interesting. I wish the left side of the log had detail, though.

I guess if your trying to make Beautiful Images™, then I can understand not liking the distortion. But the first two are kind of typical shots.

Great views... I love slot canyons...

You might think about cropping the first one at the top (perhaps into a pleasing 8x10 ratio vertical) to eliminate the hot sky but keep all the water..

Not sure i really like the "smoothing" effect on the water on the first 2 from the slow shutter speeds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back