Organic based image capture system

OldManJim

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've just acquired a (new to me) organic based image capture system. It operates independently of the operating systems on either Windows or Mac. It also provides nearly permanent archival storage of images.

You guessed it, it's a Pentax ME film camera!

I was browsing at ,my local camera store and saw a series of 5 Pentax cameras of various configurations. Looked at them and this one seemed to be calling my name. With a 50mm f.8 lens and a leatherette covering, it looked to be in great condition, so I bought it for about $100.

I'm running a roll of HP-5 through it, so we'll see how good a deal I got in a few weeks.

I just missed the old film cameras, and I always wanted a Pentax in my younger days, so now I've scratched that itch.

PENTAX has long made good shooters! THE ME or ME Super was reasonably popular in the early- to mid-1980's...

PENTAX has long made good shooters! THE ME or ME Super was reasonably popular in the early- to mid-1980's...

I must have been reasonably popular back then. I had one.

And I'm reasonably popular today.... I still have one. :1247:

Maybe mine's defective - I haven't noticed women throwing themselve3s at my feet! ('Course at my age, they'd probably break something.)

I managed to break the film advance mechanism in two ME Super examples in the 1980's,using bulk-loaded TRI-X Pan...

Maybe mine's defective - I haven't noticed women throwing themselve3s at my feet! ('Course at my age, they'd probably break something.)

Try a 4x5 field camera. They're chick magnets royale!

I managed to break the film advance mechanism in two ME Super examples in the 1980's,using bulk-loaded TRI-X Pan...
Did I ever a use a lot of bulk loaded Tri-X in my ME and MX back then! Mine never broke, although I did use the MX much more. I still have both, but both seem to have broken just by sitting for decades :(

I/we shot almost all bulk-loaded film in the late 70's/early to mid-1980's... it was a significant money-saver! i recall the days of 100-foot rolls of Ektachrome being around $100...as I recall,a 100-foot roll of TRI-X was around $36 or so...Man, that was 30-plus years ago.
At one time in the mid-1980s I picked up an MX kit and four or five maybe it was six screw mount M42 lenses. The MX was a neat camera, and I thought at the time, and still do, about two levels above the MeSuper in build quality.

Here are some results with a Mamiya 80 mm "C" lens:

Attachments

• Pentax with MF lenses007a.jpg
    Pentax with MF lenses007a.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 229
  • Pentax with MF lenses002a.jpg
    Pentax with MF lenses002a.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 166
  • Pentax with MF lenses002a.jpg
    Pentax with MF lenses002a.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 166
  • Pentax with MF lenses007a.jpg
    Pentax with MF lenses007a.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 187
Pentax was my first and life-long love. Enjoy the ME!

The Pentax Super Program was a really nice camera...

Most reactions

Back