Origami Stars

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my first try at Origami but it won't be my last !

I waited too late in the day and lost the light from the windows too fast so didn't get to play for long but long enough to get a couple I was happy with.

It was really interesting to see what the texture of the paper did with the light, I'm looking forward to playing with smoother papers.

Lining things up is tricky with this many items!

I'm TOTALLY playing with these (and some other shapes) more tomorrow when I have light again, fair warning! ;)

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

Wish I got the center of the top star cleaner in this one.

I like the first one best of the bunch. There's almost has a 3D look to it.

A very good fmaily friend in New York, Sok Song, actually makes a living doing origami. Check out his magazine that he and a couple of others started in the last year or so. My daughter who is a teacher looks forward to when it arrives in the mail to take new ideas to her students for projects. Creased - Magazine for Paper Folders!

Thanks Tony :) I like that one too, the ones that are "standing up" are upside down so you are seeing the inside of them ;) I'm SO going to play with it again tomorrow!

Oh boy don't show me that lol I already have enough hobbies!

I actually found doing the stars quite a zen experience after I had it down pat, it was so fast and such a perfect result. Thanks for the link, I'll definitely check it out ;)

I like the 3rd one best with all of the light angles.

I really like number one. Though it feels a little flat. I think it would look better with some more contrast.

I totally agree with the 3D effect you were able to get with these pictures. They are deceivingly 3D because they seem almost drawn on at the same time. Mind Blowing!

Thanks Cheryl :)

Thanks Techniker, I did try these with more contrast but I didn't like the way the texture of the paper made it muddy. I definitely like higher contrast with these but I think I need a different paper without the texture to get it nice and clean.

Thanks Swashburn!

Understood. I still like it quite a bit. How did you make The stars?

There are tons of tutorials online for these, just look up origami star, they are crazy easy to make!

Most reactions

Back