Osprey in Flight

N'Kolor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay, so it has been a long time since I have photographed anything other than people. Today I had this urge to just walk out back and see what was on the pond and to my surprise I found a beautiful Osprey. It's weird, I really felt a peace when I was shooting this bird...something I hadn't felt in so long since I started shooting weddings. I think I might take this up again on the side. I really wanted to get into wildlife photography at one time but needed to start something that I could get a return on the investment.

Enjoy! As always, C&C welcome!

osprey03sa4.jpg

Really great shot with nice framing around it.
If I were to be really really picky I could say that there is a little overexposure on his head, but judging from the light in the shot this was a height of the day shot and those are always very hard to get "perfect" (ps I am being really really picky)

Personally I think its always important to keep the fun side of photography alive - I hope to see many more great shots of your local fauna

Out of interest was this shot with your 70-200mm?

You are absolutely correct on the time of day. I also noticed the head and was going to burn it in a tad but wanted to leave the bird alone without too much editing but you have a good eye.

Yep, it was shot with my 70-200mm...wish I had a longer lens that was this sharp!

Have you thought about using it with teleconverters? 1.4 should give you a decent increase with minimal loss of quality - its something that I am planning to do (I also intend to use the 2* as well at odd times - middle of the day it should work with little problems)

Well until now I haven't really need one but in the past when I was shooting wildlife I had planned to get a teleconverter so I might. I would rather have a 400mm f4 or whatever! lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back