Osprey Portaits

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, as I said on my FB page (I'm too lazy to re-type it) I had the most amazing time with this Young female Osprey this morning. I spent an hour or so with her and she didn't seem to mind my company until some hikers came along with a dog and scared her away. By the way, be careful walk you talk about while walking through the woods, you never know when someone might be hidden in camo 10 feet away... :)

Comments welcome and thanks for looking...

Osprey 9_6 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Osprey 9_6 4 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Osprey 9_6 5 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Osprey 9_6 2 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Osprey 9_6 6 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Awesome pictures. The one I have been watching all summer finally feels comfortable enough to eat by me now finally. The other day I watched what I thought was a male which I think now is a female eat a fish for 45 minutes. Then dive and get another then land 3o feet from me and just stare at me and eat another one. Figures just before the bird gets ready to leave for the winter it finally gets brave around me. Thanks for the pictures and the help with all the questions.

Yummm - fresh fish - nice shots Kris. It is great when you can watch a bird for so long and get some great shots.

I have the same experience from the Viera Wetlands where the GBHs ignore all the photographers and just go about building the nest, mating, raising the chicks, etc.

WesternGuy

Excellent close-ups ever seen from your vast Osprey posts.....

All are amazing, but #4 for me.

The photos are brilliant ~Great Job!~

Cheers,

H

Thanks for all the kind words!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back