Osprey taking flight

lvcrtrs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Saw this guy up in the tree. Pulled the car over first chance, left hubby in it and walked back. They seem to like the same kinda tree all the time.
All shot at 300mm and cropped. BIG toenails!

2 and 3 have that white edge around them. Is there anything I can do to not have that happen?

1. f5.6, 1/1000, ISO 200, Center weighted
YRWOsprey2918resized.jpg

YRWOsprey2919resized.jpg

YRWOsprey2921resized.jpg

YRWOsprey2923resized.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Eric. Unfortuneatly, I've learned you have to do some of this PP stuff, like it or not. I've learned the basic basics. I just never thought of taking pictures that way. I always thought they came out of the camera and Voila! For most birds I just try to "lighten shadows" so you can see the detail under their wings a bit. These kind of shots for me are just "lucky" at this point as I don't have a plan on how to get it right when I point the camera. So I'm tickled when they come out good.

2 and 3 have that white edge around them. Is there anything I can do to not have that happen?

I'm not really seeing it on this monitor (I'm at work), but I've found that usually comes from a bit of over-sharpening. You might try backing off.

BTW - I love the images. Number 2 would be my favorite composition, but I wish he had some more light on his face.

i think its called a halo.. not sure how to fix.. polarizing filter mite help.. not sure tho

icassell, thank you. I got lucky that he has some sun on his face in 3 and 4. It does make a big difference.

Really nice shots! I love #3 and how it looks like its glaring right at you. You have evey reason to be tickled about these. ;) Good job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back