Other beginners care to join me in a mini photo challenge?

Check out the Fight Club forum right here on this site. It's a great way to get some practice and stretch your creativity.

Basically it's a weekly contest where you get 5 topics, and you have to shoot a photo for each topic. The twist is that once you get the topics (they are sent to you by email via automatic reply), you only have an hour to shoot, edit, and upload everything. After the round closes we all vote on the submissions we like best.

It's really a lot of fun - you should pop in and check it out! At the very least, you can browse through some of the recent threads to see what the topics were and what people came up with, and see if any of them inspire you to find something similar to shoot. :)

Thanks for posting this OrionsByte.....looks like fun! As a newbie here, I did not know it existed. I love the concept.....I doubt I will be good at it, but it is a great idea to practice challenging, creative shots.

Check out the Fight Club forum right here on this site. It's a great way to get some practice and stretch your creativity.

Basically it's a weekly contest where you get 5 topics, and you have to shoot a photo for each topic. The twist is that once you get the topics (they are sent to you by email via automatic reply), you only have an hour to shoot, edit, and upload everything. After the round closes we all vote on the submissions we like best.

It's really a lot of fun - you should pop in and check it out! At the very least, you can browse through some of the recent threads to see what the topics were and what people came up with, and see if any of them inspire you to find something similar to shoot. :)

Thanks for posting this OrionsByte.....looks like fun! As a newbie here, I did not know it existed. I love the concept.....I doubt I will be good at it, but it is a great idea to practice challenging, creative shots.

The current round runs through Thursday, so feel free to give it a shot! :) Even when I have an "off" week, it's fun to see what other people came up with.

Yeah, this has been done before. It was called the Photo Scavenger Hunt.

Yeah, this has been done before. It was called the Photo Scavenger Hunt.

Yeah, it seems like people are just searching their hard drives for something that fits- not much a challenge.

p!nK

David DuChemin has some very good ebooks you can download from his site, pixelatedimage blog.

4858414373_1f65fe09c1.jpg

"Life's a trip"
Sorry, couldn't resist.

I will play.

Raylee & Allie 7.29.10 074 by Matt Francosky, on Flickr

p!nK

Most reactions

New Topics

Back