What's new

Our puppy enjoying a day in the sun

xj0hnx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 12, 2012
Messages
345
Reaction score
74
Location
Corpus Christi, TX
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another attempt at getting the puppy to cooperate for photos :)
 

Attachments

  • $In the Sun.webp
    $In the Sun.webp
    167.3 KB · Views: 137
She is cooperating great, but the next time you should cooperate more and shoot him from a different angle :) Shoot her from above, pay attention to your background.

beautiful dog
 
Last edited:
Why shoot her from above? Every time we see a dog it's from above, that would be pretty boring.
 
I was thinking because of the background. You have there trees, roofs, garage...

Of course it's jmo. Don't listen to me.
 
Great shot. Dang I wan't a puppy.
 
I was thinking because of the background. You have there trees, roofs, garage...

Of course it's jmo. Don't listen to me.

Well, there's always going to be something in the background, and to me it seems better to shoot from an angle that puts the background further away so it can be diffused versus the ground from an above shot that will still be in focus and not separate as cleanly. If I had a nice f/2.8, or f/1.8 then it wouldn't be as bad, but alas, I am stuck with a f/3.6-4.5 for now :(
 
I think the background is better in this one, at least it isn't distracting, and fits the scene ...though my watch is distracting, at least to me. The only thing I am disappointed about is that it was hard to get the focus on her eyes, she was jerking around, and every shot the focus fell on her nose, but I guess in the context of the photo it actually is a good thing.

$01 Hanging From a Stick.webp
 
I like the pictures of your dog :) I can't give you a professional view but for me I love them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom