Out in the woods

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Where I live, there are no woods as grand or famous as the Muir Woods that Randog photographed the other day, but there are a couple of woods, and sometimes I go out there for some photos.

I am not happy with these at all.
Actually, I am only posting them in some sort of communication with Randog and his wood-photos. Lighting was extreme, a very white, milky, hazy sun, strong enough to cast deep shadows... and my camera THEN shows that it is just a compact digital one with problems... Bear with me - not all photos can be winners!

The crossroads and the two paths were smack against the sun :(

DohrenWald1.jpg

DohrenWald2.jpg

DohrenWald3.jpg

This was the view I had when I turned round - with the sun the sky was blue, but I so want that twig at the top out of the picture and can't get it out, for cropping is my only means, and that would kill the picture... :(

DohrenWald6.jpg

A little further into one of the two paths I came across this (which usually brings my camera very much to its own bounderies):

DohrenWald5.jpg

DohrenWald4.jpg

Just to show you that I find woods a difficult motif, challenging, with not always any good results...

Lafoto, I think # 3 and #5 are wonderful shots. I really like number 5 - nice perspective. Thank-you Lafoto your communication is getting through to me and it's much appreciated. :D

#'s 3,4, 5 and 6

Well done Lafoto :mrgreen:

(oh and that branch should be simple to remove if you want to email it to me I could do it for you in a snap ... PM me if you want!)

good sceenery shots LaFoto..like the 4th one tthe best..

Thank you all, folks.
Me, I am not happy with the results, too many hot spots on the ground...
But I can always go and reshoot, there are plenty of woods round here.
Maybe I should try to convert the first ones into black and white? Maybe? Do you think that could help? I should just go and "play" with them a little..... see if I might begin to like them a bit better?

Most reactions

Back