Out shooting with a friend & more...

Is that a blunt he's torching there in #4??? I don't wanna' appear to be stepping on o hey T's toes...is he thinks that's a doob, well, it probably is...but I just assumed it was a hand-rolled cig...as to the pictures overall, not too bad with the camera. Photos 6 and 7 are nice B&W images, with evocative feel to them...very simple pics, nothing earth-shattering.

Is that a blunt he's torching there in #4??? I don't wanna' appear to be stepping on o hey T's toes...is he thinks that's a doob, well, it probably is...but I just assumed it was a hand-rolled cig...as to the pictures overall, not too bad with the camera. Photos 6 and 7 are nice B&W images, with evocative feel to them...very simple pics, nothing earth-shattering.

Blunt = tobacco leave wrap.

So no, it isn't a blunt. But that's what I'm going for; simple, pleasing images that convey a feeling.

Derrel's just old fashioned. Joints today were probably blunts in his day. Nothing wrong with a little terminology gap.

Well how would you describe #4?
What emotion/feeling does it give you?
If you could make up a story that it fits into, what would it be?

It looks as if he's not enjoying that joint he's smoking nearly enough for it to be worthwhile.

Haha, fair try but that definitely wasn't the case. Perhaps I should have included some of our class buildings to try to convey the tired feeling that you get after 7 straight hours of class lol.

Try 10 hours.....of a REAL job. :lmao:

I think you found why it doesn't work for some people. No context, just a dopey look ( no pun intended ). Perhaps in a different series it could make more sense, or with more context within the shot it could make more sense. To me it just screams " hey I'm a pothead with a doob in my mouth trying to look hip" :mrgreen:

It looks as if he's not enjoying that joint he's smoking nearly enough for it to be worthwhile.

Haha, fair try but that definitely wasn't the case. Perhaps I should have included some of our class buildings to try to convey the tired feeling that you get after 7 straight hours of class lol.

Try 10 hours.....of a REAL job. :lmao:

I think you found why it doesn't work for some people. No context, just a dopey look ( no pun intended ). Perhaps in a different series it could make more sense, or with more context within the shot it could make more sense. To me it just screams " hey I'm a pothead with a doob in my mouth trying to look hip" :mrgreen:

Been there haha, now in school full-time instead.

But yea, I understand the generational gap might have something to do with different interpretations and general feel one gets from viewing the piece.

The out of focus shoes in picture number 2. is distracting to me, if his whole body was in focus I think it would have been a stronger photo.

Good stuff. 4 and 7.

Most reactions

Back