Outside lighting bulbs

NE-KID

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Guys & Ladies,

What are the best outdoor lightning bulbs for a house? My family just bought a house and we want some bright lightning around the house like the neighbor down the street from me. The neighborhood is deed restricted and probably can't do much over bearing but I am sure bright lightning will be fine for the neighbors.

- Jamie (AHotPhototaker)

I have flourescent floods with a photo cell so they only come on when it's dark and stay on all night. They don't work well with motion detectors since it takes a little bit for the flourescents to warm up to full brightness. I also have LED accent lighting around the house, not a lot of energy used to keep those lit. It all depends on how much of your house and yard you want lit up.

There is no 'best'. There are only 'best for a given situation, application and need.'

I have flourescent floods with a photo cell so they only come on when it's dark and stay on all night. They don't work well with motion detectors since it takes a little bit for the flourescents to warm up to full brightness. I also have LED accent lighting around the house, not a lot of energy used to keep those lit. It all depends on how much of your house and yard you want lit up.

Thank you for the helpful information. We want the front porch and the driveway lit up do you have any recommendations on the light brand or it does really matter the brand of lights?

Got a Lowes or Home Depot in your area? They carry the flourescent floodlight fixtures at a good price. I don't know specifics on a brand, most are very similar until you start getting into higher end custom type lights. I just looked at the Home Depot website and they have some LED flood lighting that looks like they might be good if you are looking for more of a security light that comes on with motion.

Got a Lowes or Home Depot in your area? They carry the flourescent floodlight fixtures at a good price. I don't know specifics on a brand, most are very similar until you start getting into higher end custom type lights. I just looked at the Home Depot website and they have some LED flood lighting that looks like they might be good if you are looking for more of a security light that comes on with motion.

Yes sir, I have both Lowes & Home Depot in my area. Once we get moved in I'll look around at both places probably at Lowes to see what they have for lighting fixtures and how bright the lights are since they have the fixtures on demonstration before you buy them in the lighting isle.

Most reactions

Back