Over grown cemetery in Charleston, SC

brett_93_ex

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I believe it was St.John's Lutheran Church. Not 100% sure on that. Looks like it according to Google Maps. Anyway here are a few.

IMG_4822.jpg

IMG_4818.jpg

IMG_4817.jpg

IMG_4805.jpg

IMG_4813.jpg

No.2 is really cool.

I seriously would not walk through here at night. It was spooky during the day. ;-)

Yeah, I can imagine that brick path shot with a full moon.

4 and 5 are really interesting. That tree is very interesting and it looks like it grew up right in to the tombstone.

I read that the street intersection in SC or GA where Duane Allman was killed on a motorcycle was turned into kind of a shrine and his name was carved onto the bank on the side of the road. Don't know if you're familiar with that. Pictured here -

Duane Allman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nice, and #'s 2,3,and 5 someone is pushing up daisies, literally!

Would like to see a B&W of some of those

Just spent a few days in Charleston. There are a lot of extremely well tended graveyards there, so I'm surprised at this one. Great city to shoot, as is Savannah, Georgia

4 and 5 are really interesting. That tree is very interesting and it looks like it grew up right in to the tombstone.

I read that the street intersection in SC or GA where Duane Allman was killed on a motorcycle was turned into kind of a shrine and his name was carved onto the bank on the side of the road. Don't know if you're familiar with that. Pictured here -

Duane Allman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Duane Allman was killed in a motorcycle accident in Macon, Ga where the band was from. The shrine is somewhere on Interstate 20, which is nowhere near Macon. I've been on 20 quite a bit and have never seen it, so not sure where it is.

The cemetery in Macon where he is buried is also a good one to shoot.

Most reactions

Back