Overexposed.. too much?

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took my son out today for fun/practice. I love this shot, but I accidently overexposed it! I was watching my histogram and everything. ugh! I cant' burn in the face with traditional burning, even at 3%, it just turns to gray so I assume I just lost detail and there's nothing to be done about that right? I punched up the contrast a lot because I liked it.
IMG_2185.jpg

yes it is overexposed too much. sometimes overexposure works, but not here.
you are correct....no way to recover the detail.

where did you take your meter reading?

the end of the meter? ;)

i bet that's not the first time that's been said.

why not just take him down there, have him do his best macho-man pose again and reshoot it!? :) It really is a nice photo!

ah, I have no idea for that picture. I thought the envirornment for the picture was so ideal, so of course my son refused to sit there at all. It didn't help that there was a huge water fountain right next to it that he itched to play in. It had an overhang which cast a shadow down on him, so I believe I metered the wall next to him, then backed up but it was a very quick shot with no chance at readjusting exposure after this one shot.

Here's the b&w. It looks better, I think.
IMG_2185copy.jpg

the end of the meter? ;)

i bet that's not the first time that's been said.

why not just take him down there, have him do his best macho-man pose again and reshoot it!? :) It really is a nice photo!

I got a ton more pictures today, so I'm not overly concerned :) We won't go back for a long time to come because its at a distant location. Thanks for commenting!

I really like the b&w picture.

too much. i dun like that blur thing people do. :(

There isn't a blur on the 2nd one.

The first one has a VERY light blur, but it is the overexposed quality that is causing that effect.

And it looks like I've done something to his eyes, when I haven't. The overexposure caused his eyes to be SUPER sharp and light..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back