What's new

Overheating: Nikon SB-700 vs. SB-900

Green Li

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 3, 2009
Messages
137
Reaction score
7
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It turns out, SB-900 is more prone to overheating than SB-700.

Also, interestingly enough, flash zoom value affects the overheating. I'm guessing, at the wide angles the bulb is closer to the front of the head and the reflector starts to heat up, as well...
Any other ideas?

Nikon Speedlight SB-700 vs. SB-900: overheating (thermal cut-out) test

nikon-sb-700-vs-sb-900-overheating-thermal-cut-out-icon.jpg
 
Last edited:
I heard that the 900 cut off often if hardly used.

Something i notice with one of my sb-600 is that the front plastic glass turned yellow ish after 1 wedding, poor little thing. It never stopped working and kept fireing strong all night without any cut out.
 
I saw someone burn a mark into their jeans by firing a flash repeatedly while holding it faced into their jeans.
 
I saw someone burn a mark into their jeans by firing a flash repeatedly while holding it faced into their jeans.
It was a banned member of TPF from Scotland. It was a couple of years ago and I can't remember his name. He had a photo for proof. I guess it was proof that he was an idiot. :biglaugh:
 
I saw someone burn a mark into their jeans by firing a flash repeatedly while holding it faced into their jeans.


LOL, insane
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom