overkill, maybe?

cailinp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I hate to give overkill on the CC request but I'm trying to get better at my craft. I have been reading a lot and trying to really understand pp and what each individual tweak means and does. I feel as though I'm improving. I like to give effects to some of my photos not all but here are some of the kiddo that I wanted to play around with with my "new understanding". I know it's not even close to being up to par but thats what I'm here for, to learn and grow. So, please, let me know what you think.....the good, bad and ugly.

tia.

DSC_0757.jpg

DSC_1033-2.jpg

DSC_0801-2.jpg

I think they're all very good. That first one is adorable! I like the treatment you gave these.

With PP I have found there are absolutley wrong treatments, then there is a whole bunch of treatments that are acceptable and look great. So many, I often can't simply decide so I don't do any, LOL. I suppose I could make several versions, then go back a day or two later and look again.

these are all very nice looking. not overkill imo. the only thing i noticed was the areas that were somewhat blown out in #1

#1 is a teeny tiny bit blown, almost not worth mentioning because the little girl saves the picture.

I'd like to see #2 in sepia. The strong saturation in her eyes, cheeks and mouth don't make it very appealing IMO. Her posture calls for BW or sepia as well. Nothing too exciting in that image to use color.

#3 nice smile. Too bad that she was squinting a little with her left eye. Other than this minor detail, the images look great!

I think they all look pretty good. Like it's already been said the first is a little blown out but not enough to take away from a great subject.

I think #2 has the most potential but I do think you went just a bit too far with it, particularly the eyes and lips. The focus also seems to be a bit off. Perhaps sharpen the face up just a bit and take down the saturation on the eyes and lips just a bit and it'd be an improvement. IMHO.

Do you care to explain why you say "use flash"?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back