Overlander Photography

Poznos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there guys!

I've got a thing for extended motorcycle trips and I'd really like to be able to better illustrate the places I go and people I meet. I believe I've gotten past the basics more or less, and I think I could benefit from being part of and learning from a community.

I've been using an old cannon sx30is for years now and am finding its limitations, so I'm also trying to decide on a new camera. Fuji's XT1 stands out.. It'll be coming with me from Florida to Oregon this summer.

Can't wait delve in to these forums.
Thanks for having me!

Welcome to the forum! Don't forget to post some photos of the Cascades when you reach Oregon :) Use to love running up there when I was driving truck.

Welcome to the forum! Don't forget to post some photos of the Cascades when you reach Oregon :) Use to love running up there when I was driving truck.

Count on it, and pictures of everything in between!

Welcome to the forum. Fuji's are a niche camera and are priced accordingly. Fujinon lenses are exceptional! The XT1 has been replaced by the XT2 and most recently by the X-H1. The XT2 and XH1 share the same sensor and both cameras are significant improvements over the XT1. ... the XT1 images will be a huge improvement over your Canon. Riding from Florida to Oregon is not a trivial thing. Good Luck.

Welcome to the forum. Fuji's are a niche camera and are priced accordingly. Fujinon lenses are exceptional! The XT1 has been replaced by the XT2 and most recently by the X-H1. The XT2 and XH1 share the same sensor and both cameras are significant improvements over the XT1. ... the XT1 images will be a huge improvement over your Canon. Riding from Florida to Oregon is not a trivial thing. Good Luck.

I was reading about the XH1, that's exciting! the XT1 is the only one in my price range right now though I believe. I'm even planning on holding off on the fujinon glass and just using some decent vintage lenses for awhile.

What is it that's niche about fuji though?
I'm attracted to it for the quality, the size and durability, and the external manual controls. I don't like menu diving..

And you're right, it's far from simple but should be worth it. I'm going to buy the maps for this trail - TransAmTrail.com - and spend a few months this summer exploring it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back