Owl

molongneck

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A Screech Owl found at Mingo NWR, southeast Missouri. C/C is always helpful.

3065880825_4cb8584ba1.jpg

Wow, good eye to spot this beauty! And it's so scenically posed in the gap in the tree trunk. You must have been thrilled when you saw the owl there.

Is the shot already cropped down, and if not, have you considered a tighter crop?

Sometimes I get a little carried away with cropping, so I try to leave enough space around the subject. Here is a tighter crop. YES, I was very excited when I found him. Getting within 25 feet of him was unbelievable. Any closer and he would duck back into the tree.
3065880825_2efddd204a.jpg

Beautiful picture. Yes getting that close is pretty remarkable. You must've been barefoot. :lol:

I see the longest range in your 'arsenal' is 200mm. Was this shot taken at that length?

Mark

Very nice shot. No doubt a bit of stealth on your part.

Just noticed that you're from Poplar Bluff....... isn't that where Tyler Hansbrough is from? There's a lot of us that are very thankful he decided to come to Carolina......... there's a lot more that aren't. :lol:

Very good job getting this shot. Being a Missouri boy myself, I see lots of owls, just never this close. Well done.

Mac,

Great shot. It feels good not only getting a nice shot like that, but also getting that close to nature. Congrats!

Derrick

Thanks for all the comments. It is very rewarding when you can get close to the wildlife. 200mm is the longest lens I have and yes it was at 200mm to get this. Tyler Hansbrough is from Poplar Bluff. I have seen this guy grow up and have also watched his father, Eugene Hansbrough, play ball as well. It must be in the genes, his dad is a very aggresive player.

Most reactions

Back