OXFORD OCTOBER 19th

:grumpy:

This is looking unlikely now. While worrying about finances, travel and my arm, I've just been snipered by a cold. I just know that by tomorrow, my head's going to be swimming; I can't take photos (I tried yesterday), I won't be able to handle the noise of pubs, or the light of the outdoors — not a whole lot of good, really — gutted!

And I guess I wouldn't really want to spread this thing around you folk, either!

So, I'll have to see how I am later on today, but things are on a downward spiral now. Have fun though, chaps, and make sure you upload loads of snaps and tell us what you get up to :thumbup:

LP - Are you going to jump on the same train as Becky?

Not sure if I'd risk jumping on a train but I'd probably walk onto one. Not knowing what time the buses and trains are yet and not know what train Becky is catching, I dont know :lmao:

Went out to check the car over this afternoon & found a knackered track rod end on the steering rack!:(

£8 and 30 mins later & it's all fixed, even tracked it up with a laser level & bit of wood! :lol: These rally cars are high tech you know!

I might have to go in the Acclaim now. On the way to and from work the car started doing some rather nasty knocking when I put the clutch in and coasted. It'll be a UJ in either the propshaft or halfshafts. I might get up at 6am to check over loose bolts.

Its won't be an £8 fix! :mrgreen:

If it makes it any easier on you, my car refused to start twice today - had to wiggle a wire under the bonnet.

Might just scrap it and buy a mercedes - all this wiggling is not leaving me giggling!

I might have to go in the Acclaim now. On the way to and from work the car started doing some rather nasty knocking when I put the clutch in and coasted. It'll be a UJ in either the propshaft or halfshafts. I might get up at 6am to check over loose bolts.

Its won't be an £8 fix! :mrgreen:

Damn now that's a shame. I was kinda looking forward to seeing the herald and Vicky wanted me to get some shots of it. It's her dream car & I have to buy her one if I ever buy myself a Spitfire!

Simple answer is don't put the clutch in and keep it on the throttle all the way!!!!:thumbup:

Right well there are no trains running between Didcot and Oxford so I have to get off the train at Didcot, well lets be honest here, what chance have I got of getting on the bus to Oxford once i see the majestic beauty of those cooling towers?

Right well there are no trains running between Didcot and Oxford so I have to get off the train at Didcot, well lets be honest here, what chance have I got of getting on the bus to Oxford once i see the majestic beauty of those cooling towers?

Becky's train is due in at 10:00am so I expect she'll be on the bus as well - when you get off the train, shield your eyes! Can't wait till they build the incinerator next to it ;)

Damn now that's a shame. I was kinda looking forward to seeing the herald and Vicky wanted me to get some shots of it. It's her dream car & I have to buy her one if I ever buy myself a Spitfire!

Simple answer is don't put the clutch in and keep it on the throttle all the way!!!!:thumbup:

That may have been what made it worse on the way home... :mrgreen:

Be warned, it's not in the prettiest of states right now. I went to take the rubber bumper off to make it look smoother and found loads of rust there. I'll buy a new front valance when funds allow (only £35 for a fibreglass one). It's generally in a very used condition all-round. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back