What's new

Oz

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Funny%20Lichen%20-%20022.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
I'm lichen that!

Wow. ouch. :lol:

Meh, too shallow for my taste.

Yeah... me too actually. :-/

I'm lichen that!

:waiting: Do I ban her for that or not?

I agree a little more DoF would have worked well here; how about a 3-5 image focus stack?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... is THAT what focus stacking is for.

I was sitting here thinking "man... when you're getting THIS close HOW the heck could you get more of this in focus???"

I guess I need to go research how to do that.

Thanks for the comments, guys.



BTW, as a side story... it was this very "stuff" (this exactly outcropping of lichen) that made me want a macro lens. I've never wanted one before or since. Now I saw this stuff like TWO YEARS ago, and went recently and was like "there's no way that stuff is still there..." and yup... it totally is. Wacky.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #9
No I tried wider apertures with little effect. With a focusing distance of like 3" or whatever, DOF is not going to be a big option. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom