P&S cameras with manual controls?

JerryLMc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I travel I usually prefer to travel light so lately I've left the cameras at home and grabbed a disposable along the way, which you can imagine gets frustrating. I've been looking for a camera small enough to fit in a pocket but with more control than the typical landscape/portrait/action/etc settings. So far the only two I've found are the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX500 and DMC-LX2. Anyone aware of other ones that might fit the bill so I can compare before buying?

Thanks,
Jerry

I´ve just been through this myself...and after a lengthy investigation went to eBay to get a Sony V3 (which they sadly no longer make).
I considered the G9 but its image quality is lower than the V3
I looked at several other options mentioned here but they were all missing something, such as either RAW, or an optical viewfinder, or zoom, or were simply too big to go in a jacket pocket...hence, back to the V3.

Checkout the dpreview.com forums...surprisingly uncomplimentary about the G9...

I've had the same issue. I decided to go for a Ricoh Capilo GX 100, after talking to quite a few people with techical knowledge. I'm pretty pleased with my decision, although i find it sometimes frustrationg that the low weight of the camera makes it hard to stabilize. But hey, you cant get everything ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back