Paint Mines, Colorado

Very nice. I was just in Colorado Springs and vicinity about a month ago and no one told me about this place - Garden of the Gods, Pike's Peak - yes, but not this place. Looks like a very interesting place to visit on my next trip - a bit of an emerging badlands.

WesternGuy

Really nice! And, lucky me! Another place to put on my bucket list.

Very nice. I was just in Colorado Springs and vicinity about a month ago and no one told me about this place - Garden of the Gods, Pike's Peak - yes, but not this place. Looks like a very interesting place to visit on my next trip - a bit of an emerging badlands.

WesternGuy
Yes it is an emerging badlands in the middle of a prairie. I think that this place is relatively unknown as I've heard comments like yours from other people who live in or often visit Colorado Springs. It's a small place but very colorful and well worth a visit. Native Americans used to come here for centuries to mine the clays from which they would make ceremonial paints or dyes for their pottery.

WesternGuy
Yes it is an emerging badlands in the middle of a prairie. I think that this place is relatively unknown as I've heard comments like yours from other people who live in or often visit Colorado Springs. It's a small place but very colorful and well worth a visit. Native Americans used to come here for centuries to mine the clays from which they would make ceremonial paints or dyes for their pottery.
Thanks. This is definitely going on my bucket list.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back