Painting my body (camera body)

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As I sit here and debate whether or not I wan't to ship it out for repair or just replace with the F-1 I looked at the other day. I got half a notion that maybe I should give it a new paint job.....Witch makes even more questions to be answered.

I know I can do it, I Do automobile paint work and the metal and plastic of a camera body is no diffrent so, in addition to Do I repair or do I junk it

Do I paint?

or

do I not?

If I decide I wan't to paint the thing:

do paint it before repairs?

or

after repairs?

What color?
Actually I alredy have an idea for that but I am curious?

Thoughts?

What color?
Actually I alredy have an idea for that but I am curious?

Thoughts?

How about color #ff1493/Deep Pink?

pink.jpg

You'll probably have the only one :mrgreen:

There was a guy on photo.net a few years back who painted his Leica M4 taxi-cab yellow.

It was really kind of cool looking.

I think you should paint it some wild, exotic color.

sure paint it...but AFTER repairs. Don't want them scuffing your stuff.
Make sure do use a really strong clear...and let it set. You obviously know this...but it's something you'd be handling a lot...so small chips can happen the first couple days.

I think the mileage probably gives it more soul, and you don't want to be one of those people on Antiques RS who almost had a very valuable piece...

-Shea

sure paint it...but AFTER repairs. Don't want them scuffing your stuff.
Make sure do use a really strong clear...and let it set. You obviously know this...but it's something you'd be handling a lot...so small chips can happen the first couple days.

You have a point there, the last thing I want is for those doing the repairs to screw up the paint. also it is a backup camera so it won't be getting as heavy a use as you are prolly thinking but yes I plan on doing it right so it won't get chipped and knicked under normal use. Heck I would like to powder coat it but I nolonger have the facilities to do such.

I think the mileage probably gives it more soul, and you don't want to be one of those people on Antiques RS who almost had a very valuable piece...

-Shea

The camera is too common to worry about such things, and I really dislike the color that much.

I would never ever paint it! Lovely as it is...

I don't share that oppinion, there are just too many flaws in the paint it self and since I did not like the color in the first place I figure repainting it would be far more to my likeing than just repairing the existing paint.

I would never ever paint it! Lovely as it is...

that's only because you can't hold a paint brush properly :greenpbl:

Most reactions

Back