Tight Knot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.lensphotoworld.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Just want to see what you all think of these images. If any of them are worthwhile keeping, or if I should just junk the lot. Maybe a triptych would be good?

Maybe ideas for better angles for next time round?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Bruce

$Date Palm Tree - Following up the trunk.jpg
$date Palm Trees - Down the middle landscape.jpg

$Date Palm Trees - down the middle.jpg

$Date Palm Trees - leading to the right.jpg

$Date Palm Trees - row in the middle.jpg

For some reason they look soft on my screen, I like 1 the most, its a nice idea. They don't blow me away but they aren't bad pictures.

For some reason they look soft on my screen, I like 1 the most, its a nice idea. They don't blow me away but they aren't bad pictures.

Hi Dinardy,
Thanks for your reply.
I have really bad eye issues, so I honestly cannot tell if they perfectly sharp or not. I'm hoping it's just your screen :).

The truth is, they don't blow me away either. They are certainly not what I envisioned when I took them, the majesty of the height seems to be missing, but as long as they are decent, right now I'm happy.

Better light would help. Looks like you are shooting maybe an hour or so on either side of noon.

From a composition side I like the 1st one, but as mentioned the light is harsh due to the time of day.

Better light would help. Looks like you are shooting maybe an hour or so on either side of noon.

Hi eswebster,

Thanks for the feedback.
You are correct that they were shot right after noon, but I specifically chose that time of day to get light down in between the trees. Later in the afternoon, or earlier in the morning creates much harsher shadow/light dappling (way more shadow, alot less light) on these types of palm groves than I wanted.

Most reactions

Back