PanaScan 120 Scanner

Girlwithaholga

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anybody used the PanaScan to scan 120 film? My old scanner finally crapped out (I didn’t have the right software on my new OS and I searched and searched for it online with no luck). I bout the PanaScan on eBay and the users manual comes in a CD format, which my new laptop doesn’t have.

I’ve figured out how to turn the scanner on, and I can see the film as I put it through. However, when I press OK to take the scan, it just says 0% inside an outline of the SD card and never does anything else. Thanks in advance!

Welcome aboard.

I'm not rally familiar with that device, but after a couple of searches, I found Argraph Corp, the manufacturer's website. You might try contacting them, directly.

Welcome to the forum! Awesome that some members could give you a direction to information =]

With respect, if you have--or have access to--a 16-24mp DSLR and a short macro lens, scan your 120 negs with a camera. Sure, you'll have to hack a light source and camera support but the results will far surpass what these "camera-in-box" film scanners produce. The ability to nail focus and the instant feedback alone are worth it--not to mention superior optics.

With respect, if you have--or have access to--a 16-24mp DSLR and a short macro lens, scan your 120 negs with a camera. Sure, you'll have to hack a light source and camera support but the results will far surpass what these "camera-in-box" film scanners produce. The ability to nail focus and the instant feedback alone are worth it--not to mention superior optics.

you have some photos that show the setup on this? id like to be doing this, but i cant make out what actual stuff to get.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back