Panasonic DMC-LX5 or DMC-GF3

Dagrandmastah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forums. I was hoping I could get some help in getting a recommendation for a new camera. I don't really know much about photography but I'll be going on a trip this summer and I'd like to have a better camera then the crappy point and shoot that I currently own (takes terrible pictures). My sister bought the LX5 and really likes it but I just saw that the GF3 went on sale on amazon.com today for 314 (which seems like a steal). Which camera do you guys recommend? Is there anything in particular that I should be looking out for with these 2 cameras?

Sorry for the vagueness of my questions but, as I mentioned, I don't know much about photography. :)

The GF3 has interchangeable lenses ... which is handy in the long run ... but you will have to spend more money.
For the $314 you get the fixed 14mm lens ... which may restrict you vs the built in zoom of the LX5.

Looking at specs ... I think the GF3 is a better camera than the LX5 ... though I am not sure if there are better camera's of this type in that price range.

Personally, I would go for interchangeable lenses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back