Panning in B&W: Seasons Change

Pix, there have been a few comments on my stuff about a "wizard of oz/Alice in wonderland" kinda feel... OMG I'm trying to recreate my youth!
Need a Porsche (more speed) for that ? It will be nice...

This is pretty interesting.

The exif, the distance from road to tree and the speed of the car would give a real help to making a technique out of it.

As I can understand this, motion blur is related to how fast the subject is moving across the frame (degrees).
Thus the speed necessary to 'stop' the tree (or at least decrease the motion blur so it isn't visible) is not enough to stop the background which is moving faster relatively

Thanks Lew, yes, pretty much! Depending on what angle you shoot at, forward, straight sideways, backwards makes a difference, how close to the car /road the subject is etc etc etc... I've played a lot with this and really enjoy controlling what I can and the inevitable serendipity that happens!

someone who is a better geometrician than I could possibly work with the center of confusion and some relative distances and speeds to come up with an algorithm.

Well I'll keep field testing in the meantime ;)

Nicely executed! A very compelling image. And to think, it's just a silly tree. and a fence. And a cloudy sky. YOU MADE THIS ALL HAPPEN, J!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back