Panning in the street

urahara

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First time experimenting in panning. I stood in the side of the street and shot a few vehicles that caught my eye. Besides contrast, vibrance and clarity I haven't done any other editing. Any comments welcomed

Panning by jckars, on Flickr

The yellow VW Beetle shot is really nice, really fun!

Yes :)

Photo #1 was my first panning shot and I took it just for fun. When I saw it in the preview I said cool... and I took some more.

I liked the VW too, I think I got a bit lucky capturing it in the correct speed.

Love the bug!

First time experimenting in panning. I stood in the side of the street and shot a few vehicles that caught my eye. Besides contrast, vibrance and clarity I haven't done any other editing. Any comments welcomed

What I think is SUPER-COOL about this panning shot is the way the background elements have been reduced to long blurs...the exposure time is long enough to really create those wiiiiiide streaks of light, which really eliminates a lot of "structure" on background elements, and makes the feeling of speed much greater. Your panning speed was perfect, tracking the scooter rider perfectly in time. I think if a bit of the space behind the rider were cropped away, that this too would be a fine panning shot. A lot of people tend to pan at too fast a speed; this shot has a WONDERFUL speed choice!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back