Panoramas from Kenya

Buszaj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just came back from my trip to Kenya, (will post more pictures soon). Here are a few panoramas that I made, shot handheld by the way:wink:.

The Great Rift Valley
RiftValleyPanorama.jpg

Near the school that we were building not far from the Masai Mara Game Reserve
SalabwekPanorama.jpg

Mt. Longonot Crater near Lake Naivasha
LongonotCraterPanorama.jpg

View from Mt. Longonot out to the valley
LongonotViewPanorama.jpg

Beautiful panorama.....makes me wanna visit there and take wonderful shot....how many images did you use?

Nice job, I can't pick a favorite! I like how you really get a sense of the vastness of the crater in #3, and in #4 it really feels like the land goes on forever. And you shot those handheld? :thumbup:

On a side note, did you go straight to the area where you were building the school or did you have to spend time in Nairobi? I'm headed that way in less than a month, so if ya have any tips to share ....:D

I love it ...

Beautiful!! I especially like the third shot (the inside of the crater), and the second shot (typical Kenyan view, from what I saw in my brief time there).

I look forward to seeing LOTS of pics from your trip.

Thanks for all the replies. 2 of them were 5 images, one of them 4, and one of them 6.

And you shot those handheld? :thumbup:

On a side note, did you go straight to the area where you were building the school or did you have to spend time in Nairobi? I'm headed that way in less than a month, so if ya have any tips to share ....:D

Yup, handheld. Now that I look, I'm going to need to fix a few stitches before printing. We landed in Nairobi early morning, so we spent a day there and in a permanent centre owned by Free The Children (founded by Craig Kielburger). Next morning we drove 300km which took 8 hours in an old British lorry donated to FTC to a very small, pretty remote village not too far from the Masai Mara Game Reserve. Tips: when in the city, try not to make yourself a target, don't carry anything expensive on you, if you are going to be in a tourist market, keep to yourself, shopkeepers will try to pull you in and haggle you, just keep walking, be polite though. People are quite kind there, oh, and watch out when you leave the airport, "porters" will take your baggage next to you to wherever you need to, and then they hassle you for quite a lot of money. Other than that though, very safe and beautiful. Have fun!

Nice compositions. The only thing I would have changed would be to have shot them at earlier/later times to get better color. Is that you dancing in the second shot?

Nice compositions. The only thing I would have changed would be to have shot them at earlier/later times to get better color. Is that you dancing in the second shot?

Lol, no, its my friend. The only thing is with the later/earlier, I was with a group, so we were on the volcano mid day, no choice; and the rift valley, we were driving by at 10ish and stopped then, etc. So ya, unfortunately, not much choice. But I completely know what you mean. Whenever I go back to Kenya, which will be one day, I'll try to get some earlier shots definitely.

that's incredible that you shot these handheld. They're great panoramas from the start, but to do it freehand makes it that much more impressive. Great work.

Most reactions

Back