Panoramic software

cholicow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I would like to stitch several photos together to form a wider field that would be simillar to a panoramic scene however I don't need that typically "very wide" view. I am shooting car shows and need a wider field.
Is there a free or inexpensive piece of software available for this?
When I do a Google search for panoramic software there is a lot, but do not know which is: good / easy.
I am using a FugiFilm Fine Pix 2600 Zoom 3x
Any reccommendations????
Thanks
Bill

There's a decent program called AutoStitch, that was developed by some college students for a thesis or something like that:

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

The download claims to be the "demo" version, but as far as I can tell it's fully functional. I think they just call it the demo so they can license the software to other companies as part of bigger graphics packages. It works fairly well. Just choose the images you want to stitch together and hit ok.

And it's FREE!

autostitch rox, the only way i could tell that it was a "demo" was that i had to reinstall it everymonth.... right now i use hugin just becuaes its more costomizable

I use autostitch, but often, when I select say, 5 photo's to be stitched, it only does 2 or 3. Its been very buggy in my experiences, but when it works, it works pretty well as long as you keep the original size of your images and not reduce them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back