Paraglider off Devils Dyke

Fujidave

Blue eyed and Beautiful
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Devils Dyke is a lovely place to walk, just a bus ride for us here in East Sussex UK. It leads the walker to the stunning South Downs, and the paragliders and hangdliders love it.

DSCF5294-Edit.jpg

The Right side of my brain is screaming I really want to do this, but the Left side is screaming NO YOU IDIOT. My father was a paratrooper in WWWII. He continued to love the sky throughout his life both as a pilot and sky diving. I loved the flying part, logging countless hours with him, but there was no way in hell he was going to convince me to leave a perfectly good airplane.

Nice!

I ran into a young fellow that was a paraglider on one of my hikes a few years ago. I had never seen one before and just had to hang around until he charged his battery ( used to start the engine in case it stalls midflight ) and I could see exactly how this thing worked. He was very friendly and I readily volunteered to help him carry his gear and even hold a windsock so he could see which way the wind was blowing. He told me he can even " fix a sandwich " while in the air and has even dozed off while on one of his longer flights. He told me he had an app on his phone in case of an impending crash that alerts his loved ones where to find his body. He just pushes a button and it sends texts to multiple people with the coordinates.

Thanks guys, it`s nice to watch them but I`d NEVER have a go my self.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back