Parasitic Jaeger.

ZombiesniperJr

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Decent set. Looks like difficult conditions.

I would be tempted to add a little brightness/exposure boost around the face of the bird. I also think this is one case where the auto-resizing and sharpening of flickr isn't doing it best for this shot, certainly looking at the larger versions on flickr there's a decent amount of sharpness on most of the shots, its just not coming through after flickr does it on automatic and with the haze of the conditions.

Also that's a very curious name for a bird - I half expected to see an insect from the title rather than a bird

I would be tempted to add a little brightness/exposure boost around the face of the bird. I also think this is one case where the auto-resizing and sharpening of flickr isn't doing it best for this shot, certainly looking at the larger versions on flickr there's a decent amount of sharpness on most of the shots, its just not coming through after flickr does it on automatic and with the haze of the conditions.

Also that's a very curious name for a bird - I half expected to see an insect from the title rather than a bird
Boosting the exposure around the face of the last two makes it too grainy and washed out looking to bother with. the name comes from the way they get their food they are technically Kleptoparasites. They harass gulls in order to get the gulls to regurgitate their food which the Jaeger then eats.

Boosting the exposure around the face of the last two makes it too grainy and washed out looking to bother with. the name comes from the way they get their food they are technically Kleptoparasites. They harass gulls in order to get the gulls to regurgitate their food which the Jaeger then eats.

That is some masterful harassment! Never actually heard of that kind before. I'm well aware of general theft and stealing of food that happens all over the place, but actually getting the other side to regurgitate it!
Almost sounds "childish" (er chickish?) in bird world views since regurgitated food is how many young birds are fed when they are in the nest

That feeding habit is disgusting! But, the bird looks neat. Never heard of it before.

Most reactions

Back