Park Trip

Nevermore1

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I made myself go out to Greenspring Gardens Park this morning. This was probably the first time I've gone out to take photos in nearly 4 years. I'm rusty and definitely made some mistakes (failed to notice that somehow my camera got switched to JPEG instead of RAW is just one of them). The sun was really bright as well which certainly didn't help me any. Anyways, here are 2 shots that sort of turned out...
Goose.jpg Squirrel.jpg

Nice set. Something similar happened to me last year. I didn't touch my camera for two years, then brought it with me on a vacation to Maine and ended up being disappointed with the photos I took. It inspired me to take photography more seriously.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Nice set. Something similar happened to me last year. I didn't touch my camera for two years, then brought it with me on a vacation to Maine and ended up being disappointed with the photos I took. It inspired me to take photography more seriously.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks.

That's awful that happened to you! At least you learned from it. Today I just decided I needed to get out there. I'm learning a new camera and as I mentioned I haven't gone out to take photos in what I thought was 4 years but actually turns out it's been at least 5 1/2 years. I used to go out regularly with my best friend who was also into photography and I haven't been out since he passed away 5 years ago (doesn't seem like it's been that long). I may try to go back tomorrow and bring my longer lens if it doesn't start raining.

Nice. I like how the water beads show up on the goose, and how you caught the squirrel in the light. How many acorns did you pay? :D

it happens to all of us. i recently shot toys at 1/200s. and forgot to change the shutter speed back to 1/2000s when i went to shoot wildlife a week later. oops. kinda surprised that a good number of the the shots (at 600mm) were sharp.

the goose looks like it was blown out and recovered in post, but dappled light in the squirrel photo is very nice.

it happens to all of us. i recently shot toys at 1/200s. and forgot to change the shutter speed back to 1/2000s when i went to shoot wildlife a week later. oops. kinda surprised that a good number of the the shots (at 600mm) were sharp.

the goose looks like it was blown out and recovered in post, but dappled light in the squirrel photo is very nice.

Thanks. The goose was a little blown out but not too terrible. The water was actually that weird colour.

Thanks. The goose was a little blown out but not too terrible. The water was actually that weird colour.
it wasn't the water or color so much as the highlight details that makes it look like it was blown out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back